Saturday, April 26, 2008

Close Encounters of the Prophet Kind  

IMGP0079
Friday night we were able to attend a Temple Square Performances presentation of Joseph Smith the Prophet. The performance was written by Rob Gardner, a young guy from Arizona. The event was well done and the music was good. The full description of the event is linked here.

The highlight of the event, however, happened even before it started. We happened to walk in just as the Prophet Thomas S. Monson was coming in. We walked in on the South side of the building and as I turned left to go down the outer path. As he was looking past me I simply nodded and got out of his way as did Alena and Karl who were right behind me. However, Mom was a bit more forward and shook his hand and as he had Alyssa walking with her he bend down and said, “Now who is the pretty girl?” and shook Alyssa’s hand and Mom introduced her. Just about this time the rest of the building recognized his entrance quiets, stands and watches him talk to Alyssa. Providing Alyssa an experience I have yet to have, shaking the prophet’s hand.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



2 comments: to “ Close Encounters of the Prophet Kind


  •  

    WOW!! What a sacred and special experience. GO ALYSSA, and Grandma! I can't even imagine what that must have felt like. You should have her (Alyssa) write or draw a picture of how it made her feel. I wish we could have been there to share that experience with you. Wow, I just can't even believe it, You guys are so lucky.


  •  

    Something wrong with your comments system? First linky does not work. Anyway cute story and it is nice to see you posting to your blog. Did you attend your cycle school?